Thursday 22 June 2023

#37 - Hot enough in the UK

… so I was out in the garden before 7 a.m..


I managed a good bit of heavy weeding, then did a once over in the veg beds and watered them.

When I first planted the Lavender hedge between the middle and bottom terraces at the end of the garden I could not get all the way to end, as the large raised beds had not been installed, but were planned.  So after they were added, I had a small gap between the original hedge and the edge of the new raised beds. 

 I’m not sure what variety the original Lavenders were - probably just basic English ones as I purchased them as un-marked plugs.  I decided therefore that I wanted a Hidcite to mark the difference, and I can use it to take cuttings later on, with a view to putting it behind in the middle vegetable garden terrace going forward.  

I managed to quickly weed and plant it, and used the wet cardboard and 20mm pea shingle on top.  When I next venture out I’ll also get some nice decorative pebbles.

As you can see, I’ve still not finished mulching, as there is more to do weeding around the Hydrangeas, but it’s a start.

Due to my uncontrolled plant habit, I still have a lot more plants to get in both containers and the ground, so I’m aiming to get out here again this evening.

May you path be always in the light.


Hugs


Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment